We understand everyone will be waiting for schedules, but just know that we will be working intensely on getting those emailed. Please be patient! Answering tons of emails asking about them will just slow us down. We will get them out as fast as we can!!!!
Don’t forget that our tournament’s mission is three-fold: Honor Makayla, raise funds/awareness for pediatric cancer and to host a fun filled family event. Please take a moment over the weekend and reflect on Makayla’s story, help us raise funds by participating in the ways listed below and have fun!!!!
- Blanket drive; please bring new or homemade blankets to the information booth. If you need more information, please email us back! Children’s goes through 500 blankets each month for the sick kiddos!
- Basket Raffle/Silent Auction: People have donated fun baskets and you can buy tickets to try to win them! There will be a tent showing off the baskets, and other wonderful items, you can buy your tickets there and bid on the items. If you’d like to have your team put a basket together it’s not too late. Just bring it along on Saturday! We’ll make room for it!
- Donating: It’s easy to donate funds for our cause too! We’ll gladly accept cash or checks during the tournament at the Information Booth. ALL proceeds from this event go to Ben Towne Foundation, which supports Children’s Cancer Research Center.Checking in/Team Bag Pick up:
- Check-in will be in the picnic shelter right outside the old Ferndale Library building. Basically, across the field from where we have been in the past.
- You may check in anytime after 8:30 Saturday morning, 8/1. This is when you pick up your team bag.
- Please do not come early as we are still trying to get things set up and going. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
- Only players that have a signed waiver on file will be allowed to play. Blank registration forms can be printed from our website and all players’ parents can sign at checkin.
- One parent MAY NOT sign for all players. If you aren’t sure if we have yours, please email me and I’ll check for you. Coming prepared will make check-in go mush quicker 🙂
- You may only take your team bag from check in when you have provided all players’ signed waivers and you have paid in full.
- You must complete check-in before you can play!General:
- Regarding Score keepers and Referees, if you have a question, concern, problem or suggestion, please speak to a Court Monitor or a Committee member. PLEASE DO NOT speak with our volunteer referees and score keepers directly!!! That is our job. Let us know if there is a problem and we will work to resolve it.
- Excel Physical Therapy will be on site to help with minor injuries and ice. Don’t be shy about stopping in to see them!
- Food vendors will be on site; pizza, hot dogs, tacos etc…
- Team captains need to sign their score sheet after every game. During bracket games be sure your team name is correct.
- Results will be posted on either our Facebook page or our website, maybe both.
If there is anything we can do for you, please see us at the information booth! Looking forward to a fantastic 3rd year!!!